The Joint Staff is working on a new joint concept for robotic and autonomous systems that will focus on emerging capabilities and technologies that may become available to the military through 2035, according to a Joint Staff spokeswoman.
Northrop Grumman completed successful manned and unmanned test flights with aircraft equipped with open mission systems-compliant computing architecture.
Pentagon acquisition chief Frank Kendall has asked the Air Force for a more detailed Global Hawk modernization plan, despite approving a milestone C decision earlier this year.
- Navy Releases MQ-8C Maritime Search Radar Draft Request For Proposals
- Navy Plans To Kickoff MQ-4C Triton Operational Assessment In August
- Army To Add On To Gray Eagle Contract For Additional Test Hours
- Navy Awards Five-Month Extension To Northrop For X-47B Maintenance
- NAVAIR Will Hire Insitu To Design A Turret Upgrade For RQ-21A Blackjack
- Air Force Finds Solution For Overheated General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper
- Navy Will Host Maritime Search Radar Industry Day In July For Fire Scout
- AFRL Seeks Rapid And Affordable Solution For Open Architecture System
- Omnibus Reprogramming Request Seeks To Shift $4.8 Billion Between DOD Accounts
- Aurora Flight Sciences' Orion UAV World-Record Flight Certified
- Long Range Research And Development Plan Ready For Carter This Month
- AeroVironment Pursues Increased Commercial Business
- Lawmakers Reject Request For Flexibility To Manage ISR, Cruise Missile Fleets
- G/ATOR Funding Cuts Cause 'High Risk,' Threaten Production In FY-19
- Modernizing Ground Element With CAC2S, G/ATOR May Balance MAGTF
- Navy Anticipates Releasing LDUUV Draft Request For Proposals In August
- Scientific Advisory Board Study Identified Survivable UAV Modifications
- DOD No. 2 Outlines Challenges To 'Reconstitute Aerospace Capabilities'
The Air Force on July 15 unveiled a plan to boost the remotely piloted aircraft mission -- a plan that would, in part, rely on $100 million in reprogrammed funds.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.