News on QF-16s, nano systems, mine hunters and more. Read the Alert
As Boeing prepares to begin modifications to its first low-rate initial production lot of QF-16 target drones, the company is working to complete operational testing in anticipation of a full-rate production contract award from the Air Force early next year.
The Naval Air Systems Command seeks industry's help to find solutions for small, vertical-take-off-and-landing unmanned aircraft systems that can be fielded immediately.
As the Air Force's intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance enterprise reorganizes under Air Combat Command, senior service officials are thinking about how to support combatant commanders in future, high-end fights.
- Army Awards ImSAR Nearly $99 Million To Develop Radars For UAS
- Navy Soliciting Proposals From Industry For LCS Mine-Hunting Vehicle
- DOD Eyes New Round Of Tests To Develop UAS Operating Procedures
- DAB Review Of UCLASS Scheduled For Sept. 10; RFP Released Soon After
- Final Air Force Global Hawk Order Helps Northrop Bridge Production Gap
- Navy Delays Key Moves On Remote Minehunting System
- Air Force Satisfies Global Hawk Requirement With Final Block 30 Order
- Navy Demonstrates X-47B Integrated Flight Operations Aboard CVN-71
- Lockheed Touts Unmanned Air, Ground Vehicle Teaming Test
- Army Advancing Interoperability Platforms For Unmanned Vehicles
- Army Acquisition Chief Sets Sights On Future Robotics Platforms
- Navy Looks To Repair The K-MAX Air Vehicle Damaged In Afghanistan
- Wing Commander: Guard Inherently Suited To Reaper, Predator Operations
- FAA Sets Plans For Unmanned Aircraft Center Of Excellence
- Army Reveals Top Priorities In 'Force 2025 And Beyond' Strategy
- Army Cargo UAS Capability Could Cost Twice As Much As Existing Helo
- Outgoing ACC Chief Talks Up U-2, Plays Down New Unmanned ISR Aircraft
The Defense Department has announced a series of steps designed to bolster competition for contracts, a top acquisition official says in a new memorandum.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.