News on Navy UAVs, Air Force civilian RPA contractors and more. Read the Alert
The Navy is on the cusp of where it wants to be regarding unmanned aerial vehicles, according to Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Johnathan Greenert.
The expansion of civilian remotely piloted aircraft operators within the Air Force will not include strike activities, according to Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Welsh.
The Pentagon's top weapons tester recently advised the Defense Science Board that autonomous systems need to be tested in very realistic settings.
- Pentagon Sends CR Wish List To Capitol Hill
- Navy Will Host LDUUV Industry Day In September, Releases Draft RFP
- Pentagon Prepares For Contractors To Fly 10 Daily ISR Patrols In New Drone Flight Expansion
- Navy Official Eyes Better Integration Between Seahawk, Fire Scout
- Fire Scout Undergoes 11-Hour Test Flight
- Momentum Aviation Group Acquires BOSH Global Services
- MQ-4C Triton Operational Assessment Delayed To September
- GAO: FAA-Proposed Small UAS Rule Running Behind Congress' Schedule
- Defense Science Board Slated To Discuss Weapon System Autonomy
- Navy Awards Five-Month Extension To Northrop For X-47B Maintenance
- Boeing Hopes To Pitch Compact Laser Weapon System To The Army
- Navy Official Hopes UCLASS Review Concludes In A 'Good Manner'
- Boeing Will Offer Echo Ranger Variant For Navy LDUUV Competition
- AFSAB Briefed Air Force Leadership On UAV Study Results
- DOD Working Final 'Skunk Works' List To Accelerate Acquisition Programs
- DARPA Intends To Hold Forum On New Breakthrough Technology Initiative
- Marine Corps Awards iRobot $9.8 Million SUGV Order
- Navy Awards Insitu $78 Million Blackjack LRIP Contract
Northrop Grumman recently announced it had awarded a contract to a second Australian supplier for the U.S. Navy's MQ-4C Triton unmanned aircraft system initial production lot.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.