The MQ-4C Triton program is gearing up for its operational assessment in fiscal year 2015 and must demonstrate tactics and procedures, according to an annual Defense Department report obtained by InsideDefense.com.
The Air National Guard and Reserve will step up its contribution to the MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper force under a new plan to ease the "significant stress from the unrelenting pace of operations," Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James announced last week.
A trio of Republican senators want the Pentagon to consult with the Department of Homeland Security on best practices for unmanned aircraft systems to help secure the U.S. border.
- 25th Air Force Trying To Better Manage Intel Processing Capacity
- Air Force Trying To Ease Burden On Under-Resourced, Overworked Predator, Reaper Force
- OSD Completes Enough Of Portfolio Review To Inform UCLASS Budget
- Army Plans For Modular Missile On Helicopters, UAVs Pick Up Steam
- Air Force Wants Sense-And-Avoid Technology On Next-Gen RPAs
- White House: 'No Announcement' On Global Hawk Sale To India
- Navy Approves Establishing UCLASS Fleet Introduction Team In 2015
- Navy Awards Lot 3 RQ-21A Contract To Insitu, Will Award Lot 4 This Spring
- Official: More Than 270 Army Aviation Programs Impacted By Budget Cuts
- Army Interested In Throw-Away, Long-Range Ground Sensors
- Northrop Awarded $657M To Build Four South Korean Global Hawks
- Air Force Shortening Baseline Reaper's Takeoff Distance, Boosting Range And Payload
- Coast Guard Successfully Demos Fire Scout, Navy Will Launch MQ-8C Radar Competition
- Army Eying Unmanned Systems, Lighter Armor To Reduce Soldier Load
- DARPA Plans Proposers' Day For Program To Autonomously Fly Small UAVs
- Spending Bill Slashes $41.5M From Triton, Requires Additional Oversight
- Air Force Extending Endurance Of 53 More Baseline MQ-9 Reapers
Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James said last week that the service plans to apply a new cost capability analysis model to four key acquisition programs: the Long-Range Standoff weapon, the Space-Based Infrared System Follow-on, the next-generation trainer, and the Multi-Adaptive Podded System.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.